Wednesday 10 December 2008

Sound Sewing


Design duo Patrick Li and Ian Gallais make up Sounds Butter which has created Visible Sound.

They describe it best:

The intention for this project was to make sound visible. As there is
already a variety of ways in which sounds can be seen (equalizers, sub-titles,
etc.), my aim was to produce a device where that representation of sound would

be a physical one. I therefore used the sewing machine as the basis for the

project as I feel it is synonymous with industry, and making physical

products. Due to limitations in my computer programming skills this model of a

stereo/sewing machine is a prototype of how I imagined the actual product

would look.

More related posts from machine thinking:

Love this project. giving sound a tactile, physical quality. fantastic.

found here: http://machinethinking.org/2008/11/23/visible-sound/

No comments: