Sunday 24 May 2020

Lego Boost autobuilder - car



Wow, I was really looking forward to turning the lego boost into the autobuilder and having a play with picking up bricks and building different structures, but boy it was temperamental to the say the least.

I made our own platform to go through the conveyor belt because I didn't want to mix bricks with the boost set as the kids always want to change it round.

There are 2 videos because every time I tested picking up just one wheel it was great and connected to the platform, yay. Out the code together to pick up both the wheels from the drag n drop interface it just didn't work. Loads of videos of picking up one, front or back but none of them both together. Done it for me the night before but get the camera out and no.

The batteries need to be fully charged otherwise what you think is 10 studs or bricks across is not and the distances change and you end up changing your code so other again. It's frustrating and is very hard to get to pick up plates, but bricks should be fine. I added a 2 stud length Adel or cross (the red piece) on the grip to add some extra tension to grip well.

It worked, it was good fun but a shame it's so delicate. 

It's a cat now.

1 comment:

Janice Berry said...

Wow, this Lego Boost Autobuilder - Car project looks incredibly fascinating! I love how technology and creativity merge to bring forth such innovative ideas. As I was reading about this Lego creation, it reminded me of the real-life automotive industry and the services like Cash for Scrap Cars Melbourne.